What do I bring?
- Personal hygiene products
- Casual clothing
- Work out clothing
- Swim wear
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Back Pack
- Personal items such as family photos
What about laundry service?
- Complimentary laundry facilities provided
- Dry cleaner available next door to facility
What about my medication?
- All prescription medication must be in bottle prescribed in by doctor and approved by staff. Last Door has medication management services.
- Over the counter medication or vitamins must be in original packaging and approved by staff.
Can I use my cell phone?
- No, after stabilization clients can maintain contact with their family using the facility telephones and the office client computer. Cell phones, tablets and laptops are locked up for the duration of a client’s stay.
Can I bring my personal music device? – e.g. iPod
What should I not bring?
- Clothing with offensive slogans or that promotes alcohol or drugs
- Mouthwash or medicines that contain alcohol
- Protein powders or work out supplements
Do I need spending money?
- Clients do need money for extracurricular activities such as movies or going for coffee.
- Clients are allowed a set allowance at the beginning of their stay determined by their counsellor
Can I have visitors?
- Yes, families are encouraged to visit, please call us to find out about our open door policy and Family Program
What do I do all day?
|Breakfast||6:30 am – 7:00 am|
|Morning Meeting||8:00 am – 9:00 am|
|Morning Group||9:30 am – 12:00 pm|
|Lunch||12:00 pm – 1:00 pm|
|Personal Development / Free Time / Gym / Assignments / Visitation / Appointments||1:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Dinner||5:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Evening Meeting||Clients can choose which 12 Step meeting they wish to attend|
|Weekend brunch||9:00 am|
Each client is encouraged to participate in daily activities such as going to the gym, yoga, acupuncture, pool, library, coffee, and experience BC’s outdoors as part of their personal development. Click here for more details on the Clinical Benefits on Last Door’s Program
Is This a Religious Program?
- No, but we do promote religious tolerance by personal choice.
Can you help my wife or girlfriend?
- Yes, Last Door provides Women’s Group and Couples Group for partners of clients.
- One to one counselling for couples and partners is avaiblable
- Please contact us about participating in these services
Can you help my parents?
- Yes, Last Door has an excellent Parents Group that meets once a week. Please contact us about participating in these weekly meetings.
- We also offer Co-Parenting and Collaborative Parenting sessions weekly for parents striving to help their children adjust to change.
What is a “Door Boy”?
- A “Door Boy” is a nickname our Alumni chose for themselves. It denotes a sense of camaraderie and belonging.
How do I get in and how much does it cost?
- Please call our intake line at 604-525-9771 Monday through Friday 9 am – 5 pm or Toll Free 1-888-525-9771 to speak someone who can assist you with this process.