WHAT WE DO
Last Door provides therapeutic environments where individuals and families experiencing addiction can gain support and guidance to restore themselves to mental, spiritual, physical and emotional health.
- Youth Program 14 to 18 years of age
- Adult Program 19 and older with two groups: Group One for 19 to 30 years of age, and Group Two for 30 years of age and older
Last Door provides addiction treatment services for doctors, nurses, pilots, firefighters, military personnel, trades people, small to large corporate employees, students, youth and adult males from across Canada and the USA. Clients recover from drug addiction, alcohol addiction, gambling addiction, food addiction, video gaming addiction, internet addiction, nicotine addiction.
LAST DOOR OFFERS:
- Calgary Addiction Treatment Services
- Toronto Addiction Treatment Services
- Vancouver Addiction Treatment Services
- Regina Addiction Treatment Services
- Addiction Treatment for Clients with Concurrent Disorders
- Interventions in Canada and the United States
- Efficient Fee Structure
ADDICTION TREATMENT SERVICES OFFERED:
- Substance & Process Addictions Therapy
- Structured Environment
- Accommodation and Meals
- Processing of immediate problems
- 18 Hours of Group Therapy
- One to One Individual Counselling
- Couples Counselling
- Resource Referral
- Recreation and Socialization
- Support for Legal and Medical issues
- Family Program
- Parent’s Group
- Co-Parenting Group
- Women’s Group
- Couple’s Group
- Qualified Staff – ICADC. CCS.
- In-house Yoga twice a week
- In-house Acupuncture
- Qualified Naturopathic Support
- Health and Wellness Education
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Back to Work Program Strategies
- Continuing Care Alumni Group
- Follow-up services including long term Transitional and Independent Living Residences
- Support with home recovery community integration, Specializing in Alberta and California recovery communities
ADDICTION CLINICAL SERVICES OFFERED:
- Treatment Planning
- Counselling – Group Individual
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Medical Management
- Client Education
- Resource Identification & Referral Reports and Records
- Consultation with Professionals
ALL ROUND RECOVERY:
- Lifestyle Group
The Lifestyles Group educates and supports clients in making healthy and informed lifestyle choices. Topics covered include nutrition, money management and over working through to dental care. An in house fitness trainer liaises with various fitness facilities to integrate physical fitness for clients. The goal of this weekly group is to help clients become more aware of the numerous lifestyle choices they can make and chose those that will enhance the quality of the lives while in treatment and post treatment.
- Gambling, Media & Internet Addiction Group
This group focuses on recovery from “process” addictions. The goal of this group is to Increase clients’ awareness of the nature of these addictions, how they can correlate with substance use and to learn how to avoid the ongoing damage to their lives and their families.
- Recreational Activities
Our belief that “recovery should be fun” is what makes Last Door legendary in the treatment industry. Since 1984 Last Door has implemented social and recreational activities as a necessary part of holistic recovery. Last Door ensures that each client experiences treatment in a positive, energetic environment. Clients are motivated to experience new activities and learn new skills. Their choice of activities ranges from softball, dodge ball, fishing excursions, camping trips through to group hikes throughout BC’s parks. Mixed Martial Arts training is offered three days per week. The local hockey rink is rented on a weekly basis and clients can access the local Olympic size seeming pool and fitness facility. Family participation in recreational and social activities is encouraged and supported.
- Holistic Programs
Weekly Yoga, Acupuncture and Guided Meditation sessions are included in the cost of treatment at Last Door. Certified Naturopathic supports are also offered on an as needed basis.
- Cultural Diversity
Because Last Door is a Social Model Program, clients are supported in practising their own religious beliefs and culture in a safe and accepting environment. . Individually unique Treatment Plans allow room for clients to imbed their culture and values into their Treatment Plans. Clients are encouraged to practice their beliefs, whether it be attending a church or mosque service, a sweatlodge or the Gay Pride Parade.
Last Door welcome inquires via phone or email regarding suitability and availability of services, followed by completion of LDRS Referral Package. As part of the screening / intake process Last Door can schedule up to a full day of program viewing for applicants and their referral agents. We welcome clients from across Canada, the United States and around the World. Call us at 1-888-525-9771
Last Door is Licensed under the Community Care Act by the Fraser Health Authority which is Accredited by Health Canada.
This form of Licensing supersedes requirements for any other accreditation and is based on Provincial legislation including licensing standards. Last Door is subject to additional regular, comprehensive reviews by Fraser Health to ensure that all Fraser Health programming standards, policies and practices are in compliance with those of Accreditation Canada standards. Comprehensive monitoring of Last Door is undertaken at regular intervals as noted in the FHA agency contract to ascertain that suitable client outcomes are being achieved, financial requirements are being met and program/process delivery is staying to true to established best practices.
LAST DOOR FACILITIES: